As an employer, you are legally required to provide your staff with a safe working environment. The three-day First Aid at Work (FAW) course allows you to do that to the highest possible standards. Whilst accidents will still occur from time to time, the training that course provides will ensure that you’re able to react safely and confidently.
About the course…
The legal requirement of a risk assessment often highlights the need for a First Aid at Work course. The theoretical knowledge and practical skills that you acquire from this course will allow you to meet that requirement – and support those who find themselves as a victim of an injury or accident in the workplace.
This course is best suited to those businesses that are considered to be at a higher risk of an accident. This may be due to their industry or environment, or simply the size of their company (usually over 50 people). Typically, the following industries would benefit from this course:
- Construction Organisations
- Chemical Industries
- Retail Offices
- Colleges & Universities
- Local Community organisations
What you will learn…
Each of the following elements will be covered on the course, ensuring that you acquire a comprehensive knowledge of first aid in the workplace:
- Reporting accidents/incidents. Accident book/ RIDDOR
- The priorities of first aid, including the 4 Bs
- Actions to deal with wounds & serious bleeding
- Introductory training of the automated defibrillator (AED)
- Recognising a variety of medical conditions, including anaphylaxis and asthma
- The unconscious casualty and how to treat them
- Caring for a casualty who is shocked
- The treatment of broken bones and soft tissue injuries, such as strains and sprains
- Treating someone who has stopped breathing and whose heart has stopped/ CPR
- The treatment of burns and scalds
- Poisoning and the treatment of
How you will be assessed…
You will not be required to complete a written or final examination after the course. However, it is a requirement that you participate in all practical elements of the course as this allows your instructor to assess you and ensure you reach the necessary standards to pass the training.
Where the course takes place…
To provide the most flexible service to you, our courses can be run ‘on-site’ – that is, directly from your place of work – or we can help you to identify a location in Liverpool that’s more suitable.
The cost of the course…